On the hunt for a new model.

As the title suggests I'm looking to get a new model. I'm after something 3D that can be really thrown around and to practice my 3D flying with.

I either would like something electric for a 2200 3S battery setup or something for a 15cc petrol engine.

Any suggestions?

Advert

Assuming you are looking for an ARF/PNP, a balsa 3D model for a 3S 2200 is going to need to be very small to be adequately powered. I think you will have accept it needs to be a foamie or be prepared to migrate to a bigger 4S batteries if you want to go the electric balsa route.

If you are prepared to go with foam the Voltigeur might be a good fit, though not available from the UK warehouse at present...

Edited By MattyB on 23/05/2017 12:38:16

That looks good.

Also just been browsing the net and found this one from 3D Hobby Shop. http://www.kingslynnmodelshop.co.uk/Aircraft-3D_Hobby_Shop-3D_Hobby_Shop_Electric/c17_393_394/p13097/44_Inch_3D_Hobby_Shop_Slick_580_ARF_-_Blue/product_info.html

I can recommend the Hyperion extra 330 sc 20e. It comes with motor but is ARTF so requires servos and Esc. Excellent for 3d a beautiful balsa plane thats well made and uses 2200 3s lipos. Check it out on youtube. Its now discontinued but Robotbirds have some left.. https://www.robotbirds.co.uk/default/aircraft/semi-scale-planes/aerobatic/hyperion-extra-330sc-20e-kit-only.html.

Steve