Steam Show Success

St. Austell and District Club held our annual visit to Tredinnick Steam Fair, St Issey this weekend.

Half the club turned out to help. Without them the weekend would not have been the success it was. Thanks lads

I must also thank David Phipps, Andy Symonds and Manny Williams for all their help in getting the simulator trailer available for us here in Cornwall. Dave drove down to meet me at Bristol last Thursday to drop the trailer off. I will meet Andy Symonds next Wednesday to drop off the trailer.

As a club down in the depths of Cornwall we don't have much opportunity to gain from BMFA stuff. These chaps have really pulled the stops out and their help has been brilliant.

If you get the chance to use the Simulator Trailer it is really good. Fuel was provided for the field generator and help was always on hand....thanks BMFA for all your support and help.

Our set up in one of the show tents...

set up 1.jpg

set up 2.jpg

thumbnail_l1050906 tredinnick display snap 3.jpg

Trailer at the show...

trailer 1.jpg

Edited By cymaz on 28/05/2017 19:06:24

Advert

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Posted by Doc Marten on 21/05/2019 08:11:46:
Posted by cymaz on 21/05/2019 05:13:46:

And this year the show ground has moved.

I know we are a little behind the times in Cornwall but we do like to roll a flying strip properly

It's because Cornwall is "....a little behind the times...." that I love the place so much and keep going back, the plan is to make it permanent one day.

Well done St Austell MFC.

BTW how's the model shop doing with it's fresh injection of enthusiasm from the new owner?

Doc, you would be made welcome at St Austell DMC. All club members get a free pass to the show. The new owners in the model shop in St Austell seem to be doing OK. I’ve not gone in there yet but all the reports I’ve heard have been good.