Weston Park Modellers' Swapmeet

Just a reminder that the Modellers' Swapmeet will be on again at Weston Park Model Show on the 16/17 and 18th June.

See you there!

Not long now to sort any items you don't want, bring them down and we'll sell it for you.

£1.50 registration fee per item and 10% final sales commission.

Some tips to help speed booking in:

Do:

• Add a description on what you're selling, if possible, i.e. if selling a model, what engine, servos,etc are fitted;
  • Add a price to your item, although we'll do it for you, if you haven't
  • Don't arrive before certain time (think it could be 9am) for booking in.
  • Use booking in forms provided and not some other media- which we cannot use.

Don't:

• Add a reserve price on your item - that is added into the booking form and not disclosed until after 3pm;
  • Recommended not having email/phone numbers on display, they should be put on the form if we need to contact you.
  • No "outside" transactions - for example making a deal without using our unit - this is frowned upon and not permitted unless a pitch is booked with the show organizers
  • Forgetting to pick up your unsold item after day's business or leaving it behind after the end of show.

Edited By Paul Marsh on 01/06/2017 21:50:06

Advert

Hi paul,

Can I ask is the show worth visiting on a Friday? I have heard that in the past traders have not been open on the Friday and it just wasn't generally as good as the weekend, I have always been on a sat in the past but this year Friday suits me better.

Thanks james

Most - 85% of traders are open on Friday. We are are fully open, ready and waiting to sell any models for you.

The organizers have communicated with the traders that they must try to be open on Friday - and they have been.

You must camp the weekend - it's an excellent, friendly show, and not being biased, my favourite show in the year and always has been...

See you there...

Paul's post reminded me about the show. We've missed it the past 2 or 3 years because we've been away so I went on the web site to see what traders were going to be present. There seemed to be the usual good selection but then I noticed the entrance price - £14! That's £28 for my wife and me and whilst she enjoys the shows we attend she's far from being an enthusiast. I'm afraid we'll give this one a miss and I'll spend the money on actual modelling bits and pieces.

Geoff

Someone at work goes to football matches - he paid £70 for a ticket. Really, £14 is good value. People moan when shops/shows cease. Support both and there might actually be a model trade left in 20 years...

Additionally, I was going to enter the Great North Run, but the entrance fee is £54 and have to raise minimum £300 to get in. Too much.

The local 1/2 M I do here is £25, it's getting too expensive for me to enter paying races now and don't do them much.

Edited By Paul Marsh on 11/06/2017 07:36:18

Only £14? By the time I've had a 450 mile round trip that's at least another £75 of premium petrol plus camping for the weekend totals £70.

I'd be able to buy another model for that. Besides Le mans is on that weekend, it's closer to me and only £60 to get in and it's a hell of a spectacle both on and of track.

Posted by Paul Marsh on 11/06/2017 07:19:28:

Someone at work goes to football matches - he paid £70 for a ticket. Really, £14 is good value. People moan when shops/shows cease. Support both and there might actually be a model trade left in 20 years...

Additionally, I was going to enter the Great North Run, but the entrance fee is £54 and have to raise minimum £300 to get in. Too much.

The local 1/2 M I do here is £25, it's getting too expensive for me to enter paying races now and don't do them much.

Why do people always mention the cost of football match spectator charges? You'd have to pay me £70 to go to one! We visited the local Steam Rally today. Within walking distance (2 miles) and £5 entry - and we got a fly by of 3 Spitfires following a Hurricane .

Our cycle club used to organise a cross county running race called The Dovedale Dash (about 5 miles). It was (and still is) very popular attracting several hundred competitors and we charged £1 - entry on the line. It's run by the local village now (Ilam) so I'm not sure how much they charge but probably not much.

Geoff

This year, the swap-meet moves up a gear, bigger marquee, bigger outdoor pen, more staff, and a chance to sell ANYTHING to do with modeling, tools, engines, radios, models, boats cars!

We will attempt to sell your gear while you enjoy the show, fees are, £1.50 per item to register, (plane engine and radio, sold as a package counts as 1 item, etc) and if it sells, 10% will be deducted in commission, open from 08.30 all the 3 days of the show, closes at 5, collect your gear at the close of business, don't collect, its in an uninsured Marquee, so come along, bring your wares, sell them, buy new!

So a very busy Weston Park and a busy Swap Meet. I don't believe how quick it went. I arrived on Wednesday, and before I knew it, it was packing up time on Sunday.

Roll on next year. One pic of the Saturday - it was packed and practically everything which had been booked on was sold.

dscf1813.jpg

Good swapmeet and whereelse can you go for a full day out from 8am until 9 or 10pm for ?14. As for comparing things with football, it means nothing to me. 3 times the size of a football pitch and x ? to go to a match...means nothing at all to me and I wish people...the media etc would stop it as, believe it or not the whole world is not interested in pigs bladders being kicked between 2 sticks for an hour and a half.

Posted by Paul Marsh on 21/06/2017 08:22:15:

So a very busy Weston Park and a busy Swap Meet. I don't believe how quick it went. I arrived on Wednesday, and before I knew it, it was packing up time on Sunday.

Roll on next year. One pic of the Saturday - it was packed and practically everything which had been booked on was sold.

dscf1813.jpg

That's me in the hat under the Union Jack with my daughter on my left! Crikey I've got a hell of a gut from that angle!