flightline spitfire 1600mm

Advert

• 5 weeks later...

Spitfire arrived on Saturday , all perfect thanks to the packing from Raymond at RC Castle. Looks really good apart from the undersized pilot. I don't understand why all the warbirds have to have a pilot that is obviously too small for the scale of the aircraft . Cost delivered to my door , including shipping and import duty was £367.38 !

Posted by Marcol on 24/07/2017 08:02:21:

Spitfire arrived on Saturday , all perfect thanks to the packing from Raymond at RC Castle. Looks really good apart from the undersized pilot. I don't understand why all the warbirds have to have a pilot that is obviously too small for the scale of the aircraft . Cost delivered to my door , including shipping and import duty was £367.38 !

Interesting - that is a fair bit cheaper than Reds RC can get them in at by the time P&P is factored in...

Posted by tigerman on 26/07/2017 12:47:45:

This spitfire looks really a must have model .One question ,can you get spare parts for it and where is the best place to buy one?

Reds RC are the only UK distributor I believe, though whether they will carry spares and for how long I don't know.

Edited By MattyB on 26/07/2017 14:52:11

Just go to RC Castle. I ordered a spare prop and spinner at the same time as the model , all instock. I know the shipping looks expensive at £60 but it's still 20 odd quid cheaper in total. Plus you can be the first at your field to fly one smiley

Spares will be carried by Reds but are awaiting prices for the spares atm. But if you need a spare please just either email or ring them and they can sort it for you. Personally i cant see the point in saving 20 pounds when if the kit has any defects or problems you then have to deal with the Chinese, also if people don't support the local shops then you wont be able to get spares locally. just my two pence worth

Posted by Thomas Barwick on 26/07/2017 18:29:04:

Spares will be carried by Reds but are awaiting prices for the spares atm. But if you need a spare please just either email or ring them and they can sort it for you. Personally i cant see the point in saving 20 pounds when if the kit has any defects or problems you then have to deal with the Chinese, also if people don't support the local shops then you wont be able to get spares locally. just my two pence worth

As the saying goes , you pays your money and takes your choice.

Yep, it is back at £380 for me too now - should have taken a screenshot, it was definitely lower at that point presumably because of a website glitch. I should have ordered one!

PS - Your demo flight really was superb Thomas, it does fly outstandingly well with a decent pilot at the sticks (some of the US videos are a lot less impressive with far less scale-like flying).

Edited By MattyB on 31/07/2017 14:26:42

Edited By MattyB on 31/07/2017 14:30:51

Sorry for asking dumb questions but I am new to electric flying and it is all new to me .I really like this model and want to order one .My question I think I know the answer but need to be sure before I fork out £380.To save buying yet more lipos.I notice all the reviews on this spitfire are using 6s 5000 lipo battery.I have some 6s 4200 35c battery I use in another model I am sure these will be OK in this spitfire but can someone with a bit more knowledge confirm they will be OK to fly this spitfire without any hang ups The spec does state 6s 4000 to 6s 5000 so it should be OK and I do not really want to buy a load of 6s 5000 lipo .If that is the case I might be better off buying the 1200mm spitfire because I have loads of 4s 4200 lipo which will fly the 1200mm spitfire

Posted by tigerman on 04/08/2017 21:43:25:

Sorry for asking dumb questions but I am new to electric flying and it is all new to me .I really like this model and want to order one .My question I think I know the answer but need to be sure before I fork out £380.To save buying yet more lipos.I notice all the reviews on this spitfire are using 6s 5000 lipo battery.I have some 6s 4200 35c battery I use in another model I am sure these will be OK in this spitfire but can someone with a bit more knowledge confirm they will be OK to fly this spitfire without any hang ups The spec does state 6s 4000 to 6s 5000 so it should be OK and I do not really want to buy a load of 6s 5000 lipo .If that is the case I might be better off buying the 1200mm spitfire because I have loads of 4s 4200 lipo which will fly the 1200mm spitfire

You won't need any nose weight with a 4000 Lipo , just push it all the way forward. I fly mine with 4000 Turnigy 45c Graphene packs pushed all the way forward. I also use Optipower 5300 60c packs , these are placed in the centre of the battery tray to get the correct C of g. This model is very tolerant of C of g. It's also THE BEST flying Spitfire I've ever had and I've had a few over the years. Your 4200 Lipo's will be spot on

• 2 weeks later...

I have now order my Flightline 1600mm spitfire and now have to wait for the postman to come ( might be a bit of a wait these kits are very popular most shops are waiting on new deliveries) I have been told the transfers are a pain to put on and this is the only fault with this kit apart from this the kit seems to get the thumbs up from the people that have review it .Anyone had problems with the transfers for this kit?

• 4 months later...