Looking for someone to make an ARTF, PNP!

Hi folks,

I'm looking for someone to take an ARTF glider kit and install all the servos, hinge and connect all the flying surfaces, install and solder the electric motor and ESC.

In effect, making an ARTF in to a PNP. All I have to do is connect my receiver and flight battery.

I'm looking at one of the Topmodel CZ range of gliders with 4 servo flapped wing.

I will obviously source all components - but looking for some (paid) help to get it to the PNP state.

Advert

Arthritis can be a terrible handicap when it comes to gripping a screwdriver or knife but less of a problem in stick twiddling - ask me how I know! I hope that's not the OP's reason for asking, but it's just one of many possible reasons.

A 4 servo wing model could actually make an easy introduction with the right power level, after all look at how many of us started on powered gliders. I certainly had one in my early flying days. My current soarer, a Cularis, has a 4 servo wing and it seems quite common on everyday sport gliders these days.

The glider in question, comes with a wiring loom with 6 pin connectors on the ends, but the other ends are bare wires, you have to cut the plugs off the servos, pull the wires through the wing and then solder and heat shrink them together. The poster maybe an experienced flier but doesn't feel comfortable doing all the electrics, I know i end up helping some club mates, who build great models but hate the electronic side.

Percy - don't worry about the Heron, like all MPX models it's a great flier, I've just built one (kit version) have it set up for camber flap on a side slider, crow braking on the left stick and throttle on an inner slider. It flies lovely and the recommended control settings are spot on.

Hi Filmbuff. Are you looking to get into RC flying? If so a club and a suitable used trainer may be the option.

Also, if you want to get into flying then being able to assemble and repair your models is key to success. A club may be your best option.

CB

Posted by FilmBuff on 21/07/2017 00:17:32:

Hi guys. Thanks for your responses and concerns!

I have been flying RC models for 37 years. It's lack of time rather than experience that's behind my request.

I live in Northampton and currently working on a project in Huntingdon.

I know how you feel, I have 2 unbuilt mouldies in the shed. Tony Fu used to offer an excellent mouldie glider build service, not sure he still does, he is also difficult to track down. Drop sloperacer an email as he also runs that.

Posted by Braddock, VC on 21/07/2017 08:30:25:

Where's the shot down in flames smiley when you need it thinking ?

yesI was thinking that!

Again, appreciate all responses, but some of you did make a huge leap in your levels of abstraction!

I have a few leads.

Edited By FilmBuff on 21/07/2017 10:32:27