The Pioneers

cymaz

After crying on the dear wife's shoulder this afternoon because of the total destruction of this...RIP. We started discussing the Pioneers of flight.

club photos 001.jpg

She came up with the great idea of having a group of flying rc planes from pre WW 1, calling it "The Pioneers".

The sort of plane she had in mind was the Bleriot XI, Morane-Saulnier Parasol L and the Bristol Boxkite. Now, I do appreciate they are not known for their stunning performance or excellent power delivery and the builds would be a real heart ache with all the wire and rigging, but has anyone come up with the idea before?

True, there is the Ghost Squadron and an excellent, professional job they make of WW1 planes. However there is nothing that I know of represents the Pioneers of flight. Could someone please prove me wrong! It might make my dear girl stop from persuading me to build a Bleriot crook

Edited By cymaz on 13/08/2017 19:30:21

Advert

John, cheers and thanks, I am in the process of doing the G-FOUR refurb (more updates on the blog soon).. there is still the Mister Mulligan undercarriage to sort out as well. Plenty to get on with there then!

I do have the plans for THIS... Now the full size only had a 17' wing span....1/2 scale question Now there's a thought

Comas.. Your dear wife is the treasure of your household. Buy her flowers, make love. But when you have finished, lie down in a darkened room until this bizarre episode passes.

I have detected a tendency for self immolation in you. Resist.

PS. I am sorry you ran out of elevator, but at least you can console that you put yourself where you could run out of elevator.

Edited By Don Fry on 14/08/2017 07:27:14

While the idea of masses of rigging does tend to fill me with horror I can really see the attraction of the pioneer types. Demoselle springs to mind and there were one or two monoplanes with minimal rigging. Then there is the "Carte Postale".https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1010

Oh yes! Three models down the line and I might join you.

• 5 weeks later...