Advert

Worked for some miserable so n so's in my time, so yes my sympathy usually lies with those down the pecking order, no excuse for him lying though.

Had a delivery once to a posh estate, only an house name on ticket, all houses were names only, all gates locked with intercoms, can't find mine so i ring shop, can you get her to come door n wave at me ? Cooee here i am...sorry madam i couldn't spot your house name sad

Oh we don't leave it out...someone might steal it. face 1

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 12/10/2017 13:17:23:

Remember, this timescale they have failed to meet is not of my design - it is service they offered me, I paid for and didn't get. Not just once, but many times.

Can you imagine any other aspect of life where we would just accept this? Suppose you went to a restaurant and it said steak was on the menu, but for a bit extra you could have fillet steak. So you order the fillet steak, and pay the extra. Now, suppose the waiter comes along and says: "Sorry about this, but the chef is really busy, and he's not paid very much. You have to feel sorry for him. So, its going to be just meat and potato pie and chips I'm afraid - but of course we'll still charge you for fillet steak because while you were at the toilet just now we did bring a fillet steak along - but you missed it."

You should try buying a new caravan BEB. - 3 new British-made caravans, all leaked within the first year. .... Could be a whole new long tedious topic. crying

On a more positive note, the stuff I ordered on Tuesday night at 9pm from HK arrived at 9am this morning by Royal Mail.

A lot of it is down to the individual driver - I live in a very rural location and DPD and Hermes are great, their drivers always deliver when expected and leave in the greenhouse if we're not in.

UKMail and APC are the absolute worst. Every time I have paid for express or next day delivery, and it's turned out to be UKMail that are delivering, it has failed to turn up.They will be in the nearest town (12 miles away) and it gets to 4:30 or so, and they can't be bothered to come out here. One of the drivers actually admitted this on one occasion, but usually it's "Oh, the van broke down", or "I wasn't on this run yesterday", or some other lie.

Whilst i have heard similar stories on another forum and can sympathise if you get bad service I have to say I have, so far never had an issues with delivery guys - occasionally leave parcel behind gate with no card but that is about it and I do live in a rural area. Just the luck of the draw I guess and the personnel they employ in different areas.

Our Hermes delivery person is always the same woman or man in a saloon car. No white van see them regularly in the area and they appear to know their patch/people and where to leave parcels if they cannot deliver at the door.

Only problem we have had was when DPD sent two different vans to pick up the same parcel, you can imagine the second drivers reaction.