New request for a 'like' button

Stevo

Posted by Martyn K on 23/10/2017 09:37:28:

The problem with posting a thumbs up (as seen at the top of this thread) is that subscribers get a mail saying - Thumbs up - which can be rather infuriating as it adds no value.

I think what we are trying to get to is an acknowledgement that a post is helpful - useful for the author and provides encouragement to continue..

Martyn.

I'm tending to agree with the mods on this one. Surely the proof of the pudding is the viewing figure, which is prominently displayed and totally objective?

Advert

Posted by Stevo on 23/10/2017 12:19:33:
Objective no.
Its an 'indication' of anything thats visted the page, albeit forum users or bots.. search engines...

It gives you no idea of who is following the thread.

In principle, yes, but I can't believe for one minute that bots and search engines account for any significant proportion in reality. No idea? I would say it gives you a very good idea of how many people are following. What do you want, one part in a thousand precision?

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 23/10/2017 17:10:22:
Posted by Stevo on 23/10/2017 07:39:07:
Not to suprising that the Admins aint keen..

What makes you say that? Being a Mod and not thinking a Like Button has any real value are not connected in my mind!

BEB

Indeed... nothing to do with being a Mod. Such a decision would not be up to the mod team nor would the mod team have to implement it so it really makes no difference to us either way.... I simply see no point in having one & nothing in the thread has come close to convincing me.....