New ESC - Which one?

Andy C

I need a new ESC for my E-Pioneer Trainer and need help choosing one please. The one I have to replace witch it came with is a HiModel Professional 60A Brushless. With so many different brands and sources to choose from I haven't a clue where to go for it so please help.

Thanks

Advert

Andy

As you are obviously just starting out, you need to think further than just this model.

As the hobby progresses you will aquire more and more models, and going down the electric route you will need an ESC for each model. At this point it is worth considering standardising on one particular make, not the least because almost every different make needs its own programming card. These are not very expensive but when you end up with a drawer full of them it becomes expensive. The other way is to listen to the impossible tones and bleeps to program the ESC. I gave up on that long ago, it was far too easy to program it incorrectly.

Personally, I like Hobbywing, I've never had one fail yet, and they worked well in my E-Pioneer. I particularly like the 5amp BEC, plenty of reserve here. They also seem to be one of the few makes that have stayed the course. Many ESCs are around for a year or two then disappear from the shelves. Funnily enough I have a 60amp Hobbywing sitting in front of me now, it took about 2 weeks to arrive from Banggood.

It would also appear that the Turnigy Plush are actually re-branded Hobbywing ESCs. The use the same programming cards.