Chris's Vicomte 1916

Advert

Posted by McG 6969 on 05/11/2018 17:46:20:

Thanks, Dirk.

I guess I became slowly 'insane' since my membership to the forum here.

Dear Chris,

Don't worry, you did not become 'slowly' insane since becoming a member here...

I have always found you a bit insane (amazing)...

Your eye for detail is both a blessing and a curse (depending on the situation) but I know I don't have to tell you to keep up what you are doing, because you can't do it in a lesser way... smiley Very proud of your work and sometimes also quite impatient to see the progress...

Hakuna etcetera...

Iris

BE - BRU / CTR Rush Control

Edited By Iris Vlieghe on 11/11/2018 08:47:35

Thank you for commenting, lads & laddie.

I must admit that I was quite pleased with the very simple prop nut solution, Steven.

I do realize it, Iris. My insanity (slash) autism (slash) obsessive approach(es) aren't always a blessing for both of us... wink

I keep on trying to approach small daily items with a possible projection/use into our modelling hobby, Robert.

Still a lot to discover in my hoarding boxes though. But at least I won't have to look in the grass for Vicky's nylon wing washers. angel

Hakuna matata

Chris

BE - BRU / CTR Hoarding Control

• 1 month later...

Hello to all,

I never realized it was that long ago since my last Vicomte post. Shame on me... blush

I'm afraid life took over unfortunately. A lot of Council connected social activities with The LotH and a huge load of acrylic canvas paintings to prepare - framing and varnishing - for an exhibition early next year.

But I also managed to 'fry' the hard disk of my old laptop (12 years!). I've got a BNIB Win10 machine unpacked now but my recovery stick (old as well) doesn't want to work anymore. It will take some time to fix but luckily an IT-friend is 'trying' to assist me with installing Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc as my former programs aren’t working on 86x.

Anyhow all my former and Vicomte build pics as well, are 'gone'... at least I still have most of them in my album here. angel

Iris is joining me to wish you all a very Merry Christmas & a great Festive Season.

x-mas 2018_1000.jpg

Happy flying & hakuna matata

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris, that's bad news about the pc and loss of photographs. Not sure on my set up but my photographs end up in the Google cloud and magically pop up on all of my phones, tablet and pc, when I change my phone they just turn up again just not worked out how to delete one yet though.

Have a great christmas and new year, this time of year is definatly building weather beer

Paul.

Dear John, Paul and Martian,

Thank you very much for the the lovely Christmas wishes... heart

I have been busy trying to get some last minute Christmas gift for Chris since I misplaced the one I bought originally for him and I am still in the process of looking for it... embarrassed

Anyways, I had to buy him a new gift as I predicted I wouldn't be able to locate the original one before Christmas 2020. Now I'm almost bankrupt but I also blame my wallet because there seems to be a hole in it. Chris disagrees... I am not a very 'technical' person like y'all here (as they say in Texas) but I do write a lot of poems. I know this is a building site, but since it is Christmas I hope the moderators here will allow me to post this little poem as a 'gift' for a bit of joy and fun!

THE HOLE

My wallet has a big huge hole

Of that I am quite sure

I always put my dough in it

But end up very poor

My money seems to disappear

I don’t know, did I put it here?

I thought I had ten bills or so

But it all seems to leave, to go

And whereto? Well, I just don’t know!

But I can tell with ease

Once it was there

And now it’s not

There is quite a decrease!

And I frequent the ATM

The big money machine

And I withdraw a huge amount

A stack of seventeen

And I put it in my wallet

And it looks plenty and fat

But a couple of days later

My big wallet ends up flat

And I tell my friend the problem

Of my wallet with its hole

And he looks at me in pitty

And he wants to be so witty

So he agrees, there’s a problem

“Money disappears, that’s true

But my dear it’s not your wallet

The big problem, it is you!”

Merry Christmas gents!

- Iris BE- BR/CTR Pocket Money Control

Dear John & Andy,

Thank you for the wonderful wishes. Love your poem too John! wink

Andy - between you and me - I was sorry for Chris that he had computer issues but I am also a bit greatful that he finally uses his new laptop that I bought him... nearly two years ago. The old one made a sound as if it were a helicopter or something and I was afraid it could take off and hit my luxurious dinnerroom lamp... (wooohahaha, I sound like the Bucket lady) . Wait a minute? That's maybe why Chris liked that damn pc so much. It reminded him of an RC plane...

"Prettig kerstfeest!", as we say in Flanders...

- Iris BE-BRU/CTR X-mas Control

Posted by onetenor on 25/12/2018 22:16:56:

Sorry Iris I forgot you are Flemich Oops I've it now. I meant Flemish. That was a genuine mistake but left it to show even the English can get it wrong I wish my languages were as good as you'rs and Chris's English.

Edited By onetenor on 25/12/2018 22:18:51

No need to apologize. I do not feel insulted and to be honest, Belgium is about the size of a pea so not easy to understand there are so many differences. To improve my English I play Scrabble in the language of Shakespeare and that helps... wink