DB matador

Advert

Posted by Cliff 1959 on 07/01/2018 22:24:20:
A lovely Matador built by Dave Boddington has come into my possession and I was wondering what diesel is in it, possibly a DC, it's got a red head?
I dare not fly it free flight but it seems a shame to rc it! pics to follow.

Edited By Cliff 1959 on 07/01/2018 22:25:35

Yeah, the engine shown in the photo is a DC Sabre.

No problems with inverted Jon, mine's tank is at floor level in the cockpit with it's nose poking through the engine bulkhead. I do start it while holding the model upside down though,easy'er to make adjustments that way.

The PAW has more than enough power and is well throttled back most of the time.

When Matador's originaly flew single channel RC they had to carry about a pound of on board RC gear.

Posted by J D 8 on 08/01/2018 11:53:42:

No problems with inverted Jon, mine's tank is at floor level in the cockpit with it's nose poking through the engine bulkhead. I do start it while holding the model upside down though,easy'er to make adjustments that way.

The PAW has more than enough power and is well throttled back most of the time.

When Matador's originaly flew single channel RC they had to carry about a pound of on board RC gear.

Yea it was starting that made me want to mount it upright as turning it over seemed like a bit of a faff. Not to mention the fuel pouring out all over the place. My 149 is currently in go/no go form with no throttle. I did have an rc carb for it somewhere but goodness knows where it went :\