Liquid weld

Mike Rieder

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 15/02/2018 15:59:17:

I was tempted after seeing the article, but £21 a bottle? Liquid Weld or Liquid Gold?

John - this stuff is reported to stick just about anything, not just plastics!

Buy it at the shows it's much cheaper.

I bought the 3 pack (£34) for either £10 or £15 can't remember, but certainly no more.

I bought a pack of this a few years ago at the Nats having watched the demo. Not quite so impressed when I came to use it, and after opening the shelf life was very short although keeping it in the fridge may have helped. We did use some where I used to work for gluing plastic parts but they needed clamping for quite a while before it set.

Polyolefin primer used in conjunction with any c.a. is much more effective; pricey though. It lets you glue polythene to polythene if you so wish.

I've been using Liquid Weld for many years now. I have always purchased it at the shows for much less than the price on their website.

On first seeing the demo, I wasn't convinced that it would live up to the claims made but it really did.

Like Simon Cocker, it is my go-to adhesive for most jobs around the house and modelling fixes. My current bottle has been kept in the fridge for several years and only removed for use recently, but, in the past, I've found it has a long shelf life once opened.

I have no connection with Liquid Weld but would recommend it without reservation

• 3 years later...
On 16/02/2018 at 08:21, Martin McIntosh said:

I bought a pack of this a few years ago at the Nats having watched the demo. Not quite so impressed when I came to use it, and after opening the shelf life was very short although keeping it in the fridge may have helped. We did use some where I used to work for gluing plastic parts but they needed clamping for quite a while before it set.

Polyolefin primer used in conjunction with any c.a. is much more effective; pricey though. It lets you glue polythene to polythene if you so wish.

Hi Martin,

Hope that you're still watching this thread.  Which Polyolefin primer did you use?  Sounds great for sticking hard to stick surfaces!  On looking them up, the PO primers all seem to be in the region of mid £20 (mainly Loctite)!  It's not something that I'd want often- just wondered if you (or anyone else) has found a cheaper one?.....

On 16/02/2018 at 18:22, RichB said:

I've been using Liquid Weld for many years now. I have always purchased it at the shows for much less than the price on their website.

On first seeing the demo, I wasn't convinced that it would live up to the claims made but it really did.

Like Simon Cocker, it is my go-to adhesive for most jobs around the house and modelling fixes. My current bottle has been kept in the fridge for several years and only removed for use recently, but, in the past, I've found it has a long shelf life once opened.

I have no connection with Liquid Weld but would recommend it without reservation

I would agree wholeheartedly. Never,never let me down. Keep it in the fridge.