SIG Rascal 110 / 168

Ron Gray

A customer in Canada has one with a 155 in it. Says it will climb at 45 degrees from takeoff at about 2/3 throttle and its generally a delight to fly with that amount of power. He also uses it for glider towing.

If you get one it will be yet another model on my list of things to steal from you when you arent home as i think its a fantastic looking model.

Cant find the 168 as an artf, i assume its the kit you are looking at? If so it will need a pretty beefy motor. Something 50+cc i would think as its rather large! If you wanted to go for one of mine then the 360 would be the one.

I dont think the 168 is as good looking though. The cowl just looks unfinished :\

The 168 is only available as a kit! I take your point about the nose, it doesn't look as nice as the 110. I've also seen a couple of vids of wings failing plus I think the landing gear is a bit suspect, although that's easy enough to rectify. Looks like I'm persuading myself down the 110 route and another 155!