Parkzone Radian on Phoenix rc5.5i

Hansie Dansser

Hey,

I am practicing with Parkzone Radian on Phoenix rc5.5i flight simulator.
I have a Taranis dx 9plus as a transmitter.
But the ailerons do not work with me, if I want to make a turn this is purely on the rudder.
How can I set Phoenix rc 5.5 so that the ailerons and the rudder work?

Advert

Can't answer your question directly, but you say the Radian. Radian is rudder elevator and motor. The Radian Pro has ailerons and flaps as well. Haven't been on Pheonix for some time so not sure if both models are listed.

John

Edited By John Tee on 15/05/2018 20:36:45

The Radian on Pheonix is, as is the life version, a throttle, rudder, elevator machine only, so there are NO ailerons. Period. If you need to have the primary controls (rudder & elevator) on the one stick, tell the simulator that that's what you want it to do, using the "System" tab and follow BEB's advice above.

Thank you for your answers.
But when I set my Taranis to the Spectrum, it affects all my models.
This is a bit too much.
I'm actually looking for a model glider similar to the Relax Hype 2. I thought the Radian was coming close. But now I also see that the Radian has no ailerons.
Is there in the Phoenix Rc5.5 model what behaves as the Relax Hype 2?

Posted by Hansie Dansser on 16/05/2018 18:31:48:

This is a bit too much.

No it doesn't!!!! You do it in the programming - not the radio channel order default set up! That way it only effects that one model.

BEB

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 16/05/2018 20:12:00:
Posted by Hansie Dansser on 16/05/2018 18:31:48:

This is a bit too much.

No it doesn't!!!! You do it in the programming - not the radio channel order default set up! That way it only effects that one model.

BEB

Hansie, BEB is completely correct. Spektrum channel order is TAER - here's what you need to do...

1. Create a fresh model and call it "Radian SIM"
  2. Set it up on the Mixers screen so the Throttle is on ch1, Rudder (which because there are no ailerons replace ailerons in the channel order as the primary direction control) is on ch2, and elevator ch 3.
  3. Connect the T to the sim as you have been doing before and try it out - you may need to reverse a control on the Servos menu to make them go in the correct direction, but that should put the rudder on the right hand stick.

Good luck!

PS - If you want ailerons the best compromise in the list on Phoenix is probably the E-Flite Apprentice 15e or the Carbon Cub; definitely not gliders, but light weight, slow and floaty on 1/4-1/3 power.

Edited By MattyB on 17/05/2018 00:29:43