NGH GF30 four stroke

AndyD

as any body had any dealings with the 30cc 4 stroke,ive had the 38cc one which is not the smoothest of engines but not to bad but the 30 I can only find negative comments mainly due to carb issues.i don't want to put a 2 stroke in my pup if I can help it but if this engines not up to it I might have to as OS and Saito are out of my price range at the moment,although I might wait another year if I have to.

Advert

I've got one of the 25 cc 2 strokes. Now, while not knocking it, it doesn't inspire confidence. Installed inverted, I wondered if the attachment of the plug cap to the motor was 100%. But it runs OK. But there was one suspicious dead stick. It's a cheap motor. Worth a good airframe?

By the bye, Laser might be doing a 30 cc petrol 4 stoke by the time you save your pennies.

im not convinced on the engine as I also had the 35 rear exhaust 2nstroke that seized after only a hours running so it looks like the saito or os unless Jon gets the lazer sorted.but I can see the lazer selling out as soon as its announced ,so os or saito im leaning towards os but I don't think theres much in it and both twice the price of the ngh

Posted by Alve Hansson on 26/07/2018 09:16:09:

The revs with a JM 17X8 is about 7600 with factory setting on the carburator,

will maybe be a little better after full break in and tuning of the carburator.

My OS GF30 and a APC 17X8 is about 1000 revs more.

Our 155 hits almost 8k on a 17x8 apc. The 180 is a bit faster at around 8200 but as a long stroke engine it wont rev like the OS. Its more interested in 18 an 20 inch props. According to this review **LINK** the saito fg30 does 8k on the 17x8 so even if our 180 spits out just over 8000 its still in the ballpark on the 'small' props.