2018 PSSA Mass Build - The Completed Model Thread

• 1 month later...
Advert

• 3 weeks later...

For the record, the Red Bull Hurricane has now flown - and very well it went too. I've only got the launch pic below as evidence so far though! Conditions were quite blustery, but it cut through the air well. I was surprised to find that I could ease in full up elevator and still maintain aileron control as the model gently nodded. I repeated this (non) stall test with some spoileron (up ailerons) dialled in, with the same result. This bodes well for landing in the restricted areas available at most of our slopes.

Thanks again to Matt for the design and to everyone who has shared their build experiences here along the way.

Trevor

trevor slope hurricane pic.jpg

trevor hurricane launch.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nice one Trevor, thanks for the update...

The event has been and gone, that's true! But some models are still being finished, and we are still missing photos and a brief description of some airframes that were finished in time for the event and flown, but never reported - I won't mention names - but lets see if this thread 'bump' jogs any memories and provokes the upload of any new pictures! smile d

Edited By Phil Cooke on 11/12/2018 16:30:43

• 3 months later...