Clubs near Hyawards Heath, Sussex

avtur

Hi,

Not been here for a while due to some fairly demanding domestic 'stuff'.

Part of dealing with said 'stuff' is that having been born and bred in Stockport and lived there for 62 years I've recently moved and now find myself in the rather pleasant environs of a place called Scaynes Hill near Haywards Heath in West Sussex.(just a little 260 mile hop down the road!)

Just wondering if anyone could point me towards clubs in this area please, the personal knowledge of forumites being the best source of information?

Thanks

Edited By avtur on 03/09/2018 21:00:38

Posted by supertigrefan on 03/09/2018 21:40:07:

There's Sussex mfc near Worthing with something like 100 members and some others depending how far you want to travel, pop into Sussex Model Centre in Broadwater, Worthing and have a chat with them.

Now there's an idea ... I've spent the last ??? years looking at the SMC adverts thinking that's no use they're way down south. It's taking a while to come to terms with the fact that I now live "way down south", even simple stuff like watching the weather forecast on the TV and remembering to look to the south east not the north west laugh

The joys of moving house late in life.

Posted by Rocker on 03/09/2018 21:50:10:

There is Felbridge Flyers at East Grinstead and there is also Mid Sussex Flyers but not sure where they fly from but it must be close to you at Haywards Heath

Thanks, I think I'll follow up Mid Sussex Flyers, I know I pay council tax to mid sussex so it can't be far away laugh

Hi Avtur

Mid Sussex Flyers fly from a field just outside Haywards Heath, on the Wivelsfield Road.

I also live in H-H but fly with the Brighton Radio Flying Club which has a field near the Devils Dyke.

There's also the Wealden Flyers and the Horam MFC a bit further away in 'your' direction or the Crawley MFC and Horsham MFC in the other.

Lots to choose from, but most a bit of a drive away. For me, having a field available 7 days a week, dawn to dusk is worth the drive and what's not to like about a flying field right in the South Downs.smiley

Kim

Scaynes Hill, not far from Lindfield where my brother who got me into aeromodelling in the 1950's now lives. I am not sure where the flying clubs are but I can remember trout fishing at Barcombe reservoir and model planes flying nearby. If you are in to fishing the Sussex Ouse is close by, where I caught in the past a 28 lb Pike and 9 1/2 lb Sea Trout.

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 03/09/2018 23:42:31

Thanks for the all the replies, very much appreciated, plenty to follow up on. yes

The last few months have been busy doing a complex house move, selling two houses ooop in the frozen north to buy one 'down south'; anyway we're done now and slowly settling in to our new life. Hopefully now there will be time for some leisure activity and it looks as though there should be many opportunities to indulge. Shame I've had to watch the glorious summer months go by, but fingers crossed for next year.

Thanks again everyone.

Edited By avtur on 08/09/2018 11:21:02

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 08/09/2018 14:15:47:

Oh dear. Northern lad gone down South. You'll be wearing a vest soon and commenting on how cold it is you mark my words! Then you'll suddenly find your self having urges for rocket on your butties, er sandwiches. Its a slippery slope.

BEB

Ha, ha, with 62 years in Stockport under my belt I won't be changing my ways any time soon, anyway there's nothing wrong with my string vest which compliments my Whippet, Woodbine and flat cap very nicely, thank you!

laugh