BMFA Classifieds Registration

Evening all *stretches knees, thereby establishing I am of a certain age*

Has anyone else had difficulty registering for the classifieds?

I can get into the membership bit - where you join the BMFA and it tell, you that you are a country member ( leaves out joke) but I cannot log into either the BMFA.org section or the classifieds - I did send a registration request but have had to send a reminder because I recieved no answer.

I am sure they have a lot on their plate but I wonder ( bearing in mind the non linear approach that the website takes ) if I am doing something wrong. I have included my membership number, name and postcode as requested.

I too am having trouble with the classifieds site. I have a number of things on there for sale, but only allow possibles to contact via BMFA. I've had 5 enquiries for the same item, when I reply I get a bounce back, so In one instance replied to the enquirers email address which they had provided. He replied but there was no sale. IMO the BMFA classifieds system is a mess, stuff sells well but the admin is atrocious. Complained twice but no reply.

If you want people to contact you add your email and phone number, very easy to weed out the scammers from the email wording, others that phone are usually not scammers but would be easy to weed out with a couple of modelling questions. If your not sure about an email contact ask him to ring or give you his number, that soon sorts um.

Posted by Stephen Smith 14 on 13/04/2019 19:18:12:

If you want people to contact you add your email and phone number, very easy to weed out the scammers from the email wording, others that phone are usually not scammers but would be easy to weed out with a couple of modelling questions. If your not sure about an email contact ask him to ring or give you his number, that soon sorts um.

That's the worst advise I've ever seen on here.angry

Posted by Stephen Smith 14 on 15/04/2019 18:38:54:
Posted by Stearman65 on 13/04/2019 20:57:00:

Why? If your not intelligent to work out what's happening perhaps you should stay clear of the internet all together.

I've been using the internet probably before you were born, I know the pitfalls of advertising your email & phone number, obviously you don't.nonono

Posted by Stearman65 on 15/04/2019 19:01:23:
Posted by Stephen Smith 14 on 15/04/2019 18:38:54:
Posted by Stearman65 on 13/04/2019 20:57:00:

Why? If your not intelligent to work out what's happening perhaps you should stay clear of the internet all together.

I've been using the internet probably before you were born, I know the pitfalls of advertising your email & phone number, obviously you don't.nonono

Doubt it very much as the first really recognisable internet was around 1983 although there was a kind of email prior to that with the world's first Web page appearing in 1991. As for knowing the pit falls and understanding the threat I possibly know a little more than you doing thousands a month in sales as an add on to my main business, just remember we have all seen your bmfa and ebay adds and the proplems you have had, lol.

Posted by Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 16/04/2019 15:14:53:

Well I got a reply, and a password change email.

It doesn't work.

I'm getting annoyed.

I think you'll have to persist with whatever email contact you've had with BMFA to resolve the issue, Stuart - more likely to get a result than asking here but let us know if they sort itthumbs up

Meanwhile, please stay on topic, folks - this isn't a thread about the history of the Internet...smile

Pete

All fixed. A big thank you to Andy Symmons who went ahead and changed the password for me and forwarded me the necessary info to log in. Bizzarely the website wouldn't let me do it myself - I wonder if there is a security setting on my own machine making things difficult.

Either way I am now sorted and very happy with Mr Symmons' responses.