Seagull Turbo Raven

Hi, I picked up a Seagull turbo raven artf new in box at Weston, anybody had one of these, trying to decide on an engine.

I have a 91fs or a OS55ax or maybe one or two others. the 91 is a favourite but may not provide the performance to make it fly well.

As usual all comments are welcome.

Glenn

Advert

• 4 weeks later...

Tried my Turbo raven yesterday, the thing was unflyable! dropped left wing as soon as it got off the ground and luckily didnt do any damage. Got one of my expert mates to try it after changing prop from a 12x6 to a 12x8 as it didnt seem quick enough to avoid a stall, He managed to get it into air but fought a difficult battle to keep it flying and dropped it in long grass. Just bent the undercarriage a bit so took it home to think about it (or sell it!)

C of g is 145mm from leading edge at root in the manual but various forums all said to bring it forward a bit so mine is nose heavy at 135mm.

Can anyone who flys his tell me where it balances?

Regards

Glenn

I had one, electric powered.... Lasted two flights!

The first flight was ok but felt like, as you say, the c of g was a bit too far back, so I moved it forward for the second flight... Took off, and the thing just spun in on me doing a reasonably fast turn. The same thing happened to one belonging to a club mate a couple of years ago.

Awful thing... I'm surprised it is still being produce and sold.

• 3 weeks later...