gyro behaving oddly!

Hi,everyone,

I put a cheap gyro in a P47, and the ailerons come up at the same time, instead of one up, one down. The rudder and elevayer act as asked. The aircraft controls are in bog standard mode, and respond correctly through the sticks.

Anyone had this problem,please? Cheers, Den.

Advert

Gyros are cheap anyway Den

As JD points out, there is a switchboard to select wing and direction

Also, for 2 Aileron servos, there is channel Ail 1 and channel Ail 2

Also, mixes left in the transmitter don't bode well

The model should be set to fly neutral without the gyro, then the gyro switched on

Come back if you make no progress

Edited By Denis Watkins on 04/07/2019 09:35:46

Thanks, boys - I've done all that, and now I have written to the manufacturer. I'm puzzled as to why the stick signal splits normally through the 'Y'- lead, and the gyro signal reverses on one side! They are cheap enough, but I'll wait until I hear back from them before making a final decision! Cheers, and thanks for the advice, Den.

Haven't had time to swap out the y-lead, Den - my gdaughter's 5th bday! Frank/Robert - putting a servo reverser on does just that - reverses the servo, so I'm a bit leary about doing that, although I will investigate the connection sequence of servo to recever, or direct to gyro further. Thank you, everyone.