Weekend 20/21 Sept

Advert

All the grass too damp to cut  , untill today. So I got the Sunday site into good shape today .

Trouble was that it was very blustery and after three hours marching behing the mower doing a high then low cut (well it hadn`t been done for six weeks, wet would you believe ? ) I could not get the entusiasm to fly.

Weather forecast is good so I will get our Glen Nevis site grass cut and the mole traps set.

Moles, snazzlehazzlefrat

Yep, great weekend, flew saturday to Isle of Wight and watched the reds display from sandown airfield (full size flying a Eurostar)

Then sunday morning did my "B" test flying the Velox and then flew it like a man posessed for the rest of the day until i figured I'd pushed my luck too far with both the plane and the wife so went home a very happy man. I do always love this time of year.

Chris

Eric Bray wrote (see)

Moles - refer you to a Jasper Carrott clip, if you can find it, where he went mole-hunting with a 12 bore!

BABOOM!!   Deader

Gasser has a busted prop from last weekend so got two indoor flights with the Clik before a wing strut popped out, not a major job but doesn't fly as straight without it, and I can't get odourless locally so have to wait to put an order in before that gets fixed either  Leaves me with a grand total of no flyable planes

Managed to fly the Rogue in the park Saturday and Sunday morning.

Sunday morning at the patch - lovely !  Flew the Wotty a few times, the Rogue, the EsayStreet and the EHawk.  And small boys Science Museum 'indestructible' twin leccy plane - great fun.

Returned home with just minor damage to the EHawk - pre-flight check obviously not good enough - wrong model memory so reversed ailerons - must do better.

GG

what a good weekend weatherwise

I flew R/C on the saturday and then after about 35 years I took an old free flight model out of storage and flew free flight at Middle wallop.

The little 38" Mam'selle test flew Ok  -  the albon dart ( all of 0.5ccs ) started after a bit of persuasion and tlc.  set compression for a fast tick over and launched into the slight breeze and walked slowly after it as it drifted downwind- lovely.  stopped flying when wind got a bit breezier and I had to gently jog after it.  will  do this again after I fit new wheels - the old sponge ones had flattened thru time with the 10 oz weight of the model sitting on them !!

great turn out at the meeting - plenty of vintage models with beautiful constrution on show thru the doped coverings