BMFA number

Foxfan

I have lost any record of my BMFA number and need it to join in on the BMFA classifieds in my fruitless attempt to buy a reasonably priced small 4 stroke.

I have e-mailed them asking for it, but, predictably, had no reply. Could anyone suggest how I might get some help with this?

How DOES one contact the Big Yins?

Martin

Advert

I have found communications with with BMFA to be easy and reliable so perhaps you've just been unlucky. The best bet is to phone the office (number on website) and chances are they'll put you in touch with Andy Simons who is the membership portal guru. Never failed to sort out all manner or club membership problems for me as members sec.

Dennis, I just did something...Gawd knows what and it all flickered and jumbled and suddenly I had the classifieds up, but of course the engine I wanted to enquire about had gone as there are very few four strokes of any kind on there.

I think I will have to hope I get the 52 and just see what happens size and prop wise.

Martin

I will ask the BMFA themselves but are we supposed to receive a new BMFA membership card every year? I recently renewed my membership and got a welcome pack in the post with stickers and magazines but no new membership card and my original membership card shows that, on the face of it, my membership has expired. I’ve just been flashing the email I received after payment as proof of membership for the last couple of months.

Sign up with GoMembership, bring up your insurance certificate/membership card and if you don't have the wherewithall to down load to your phone or print hard copy, just take a picture from your PC/laptop/tablet monitor and store it on your phone's gallery. Works well.

Edited By Cuban8 on 29/08/2019 09:34:56

From the posts above, there appear to be a number of BMFA members who are unaware that following the introduction of a new membership system, the decision was taken on cost grounds not to post out membership cards. The new membership system is a commercially provided service to a wide variety of clubs so the net saving to the BMFA in the cost of producing and posting membership cards was very considerable. There have been a number of articles in the BMFA News which explained the need to replace the old membership system, which was about to fall over, and to improve the information that could be extracted.

Club Secretaries can now check if new members have BMFA membership without the member having to produce proof themselves. Many "Country" members choose to be country members as they get their documents immediately they psy rather than waiting for their Club Sec to send them out. With this system the documents are online immediately the either you or your Club pays. Many Club Secs have reported that their workload has dropped once they have understood how the system works.

Most of us use the internet to buy models and equipment, need to log in to payment systems and so on. I can understand that those without access to IT will still need to get hard copy but if you have logged onto this site and use it regularly, or irregularly, it is no harder to log into the GoMembership system and avoid bothering your hard working Club Sec because you cannot be bothered to do the job yourself😁

That should get a few responses!

Didn't someone say that GoMembership needs a different sign in? That sounds like it may put people off (me included), whereas I can have a chat with Bernard and make him a coffee and he'll email my club details when he gets home.

Martin

Martin

You should find in your inbox an email so you can set your password for the classifieds, currently it does require a separate login at the moment although hopefully we will just have a single login for both before renewals for 2020.

When any individual membership is renewed, with through the office, via a club or directly online the member receives an email with documents attached, assuming of course a current email address on record.

Sorry it has taken a few days to sort out but to be fair it was Monday when you emailed and we have been rather busy with the Nats, and recovering from he Nats.

Thanks, Andy,

I was just about to report that you have answered me helpfully, but you beat me to it.

I wasn't expecting an answer too quickly for the very reasons you mention, but thanks for sending the docs through. I shall be printing them shortly.

Martin