Is it just me or do we all take ages to do things?

David Davis

Well perhaps not but I never seem to have enough time to do everything!

Stevo restored this Flair Harvard in 2015. **LINK** I think he advertised it on eBay, leastways I bought it sometime in 2015. I recall picking it up in a south London supermarket car park when I was on my way home in the two "tonner" to pick up my furniture. It came complete with five servos and a battery.

Fitting the engine, an OS61 FS Surpass, was not straight forward but I finally got it into the model yesterday and flashed it up on the Great Mate stand. i need to adjust the throttle throw because I could not stop the engine from running. I had to resort to the old trick of chucking a rag into the prop!

Once I've sorted that out and dealt with a grumbling aileron servo, I plan to maiden the model.

I'll attach a few pictures of the model later for your entertainment. The model is a credit to Stevo. My French clubmates think that I built it but I'm not going to tell them who did! cheeky

Edited By David Davis on 07/11/2019 13:05:50

Advert

I used to do it for a living and the sooner I finished, the sooner I could invoice and start the long wait for payment. I'm still quick. Great Planes Electri-Cub...3 afternoons from the kit. Alongside household chores, shopping and other model stuff.

Martin