Looking for servo tester with current measurement

Neil James

I have a couple of cheap servo testers which are very useful for the initial installation but I’m looking for one that displays the current draw of a servo which would be very useful to check for physical restrictions on a servo’s travel. I found a very sophisticated tester (ST8) from Toolkitrc.com but it doesn’t seem to be available in the U.K.

Does anyone know of a suitable device?

Advert

Thanks for that, I realised that I've been searching the wrong thing and should be looking at ammeter or watt meter rather than servo tester. I've now found that Hangar 9 do a suitable meter but can't find one in the UK, it seems to have been discontinued, so I'll modify a lead to use my existing watt meter.

Steve the link you provided worked this morning and was just what I was looking for but this evening it just brings up a discontinued page at TJD. Oh well.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I looked at the ST8 very closely in my humble opinion it won't give you any more functionality than a standard cheap tester, it's got lots of bells and whistles but doesn't provide a current reading. I have however ordered one of their M8 chargers, it has a built in Servo Tester ( no current readout) and a variable output power supply as well.