Colour scheme advice needed

kevin b

I have been tasked with finishing off a 3rd hand TopFlite P-47 kit.

One of our club members bought it and decided he didn't want to finish it after all.

As I like building, he asked me if I wanted to finish it.

I like a challenge and have not been disappointed !!!

Anyway, I am making good progress. Most of the "problems" have been resolved and it should make a reasonable model.

However it is not a subject that has great interest to me long term, so it will be sold once it has been test flown and is considered satisfactory.

Now the problem is what colour scheme to do it in ? Myself I would probably do it in a British scheme, so desert colours, or Far East camouflage. Or do I paint it in one of the American "colorful" schemes (yuk). The alternative would be to leave it in primer and let the buyer paint it. I do like to see them finished before I part with them though.

This is going to be an average club model, not a totally scale model and will be sold fully working. It is fitted with Robart air retracts, A Super Custom 91 four stroke and all servos.

Any thoughts on the scheme, or interest in the finished model would be appreciated. I live in North Yorkshire.

kevin b.

Edited By kevin b on 08/12/2019 22:22:01

Advert

My vote, British scheme (desert colours, or Far East camouflage).

Why, not the same as the rest, silver is hard to see, there are lots of models with invasion stripes already and it will be interesting for you to do.

Although I do like Jon's post....

PS - If the new owner really does not like it and it survives their first half dozen flights they can repaint it.