Windrider Fox

Mine's arrived!

I knew delivery to work was a good idea.

Good sized box with a well-protected model inside - all safe and sound. 

Colour instructions which look good so far.

Within 5 mins of opening the box I am desk soaring - very impressed. Very good quality EPP molding (Multiplex better watch out), good fit of parts, 2 spars already installed, painted canopy, servo cut-outs, rubber nosecone - even a bit of landing gear!

Nice size - verging on the impressive with that chunky 'BAE Hawk' fuz.

More soon.

I still find good ol UHU por works fine, or for really strong ( and gap filling for those less than perfect joins ) Gorilla glue ( PU ) is great ....but not flexible. I guess for speed the foam friendly cyano is fine.

BC...make sure you let me know when you are ready for "sloping off"

I see you went for a slightly cheaper model than the Jart  in the end ! 

Hi Tim yup jury's out on the Jart I've looked at the cheaper version kit that's just come back on stream but in all honesty I think I'd rather wait for the full on glass version although it's bigger lump of the old folding stuff but I suspect will be a much better performer in the air. I will deffinately keep you in the loop as to when I'll be sloping off

The Windrider Fox is a different mould to the Scorpio version - the wings are one piece moulded with spars inside, and looks a different shape too with thinner wing tips - a bit fragile really!

Just been trying to find out where to put the spar that came with my Fox as there didn't appear to be any slot in the wing halves other than the thin slot for the servo leads. I emailed Ming about this who is going to be sending me a repacement set of wings! What a service - very commendable.

Now taking the opportunity to look for some scale reference so I can present the model nicely - any ideas for a nice example of a Fox sceme?