Good day to all

John Flynn 3

A good day to everyone

I hope you are well under the current circumstances. I am returning to my hobby of building model aircraft and crashing them. Something I seem very good at LOL. I have made a good decision I think as it has been many years since my last crash. I am diving in at the deep end having obtained a long-ez plan. Something I have always wanted to build. I recall that the plan was in a mag years ago but was wondering if anybody had access to build instructions. I would be most grateful for any information. Thanks and regards to all. Stay safe

john f

Advert

I chickened out of building a Long EZ, and bought the ARTF IN 2007 from Japan of all places at £89

As Kevin says, it is an handful to fly, but any intermediate flyer could cope

Just keep the throws down low until you get the hang of how it looks on the air and just how responsive

Mine is a I/C powered 60, at 57" span

Hi,

I built a Can Doo for my better half to practice covering prior to her finishing her Ohmen as that has curves and open sections!

The Can Doo is a nice easy build, just make the fuselage large enough for your chosen battery (3S220 in my case) and if you want any further info just ask.

It flies very nicely once tamed although I would advocate being able to fly a trainer well before taking it on!

20200119_104837.jpg

PS - I ended up with a prop saver after repeatedly bending and breaking the motor mount!

Good morning everyone. Thank you for your reply’s and looking at my post.. From the information I received I have found it was in the RCM&e August 2000 edition. Just need to find a copy. I have not been into powered flying for sometime as I used to go to Stanwell Tops ( Bald hill lookout ) it was perfect for slope soaring. Have a look on google maps. I was living and working in Sydney until recently. Thank you all again for you assistance. Stay safe

regards

john F

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning to all. Thanks to everyone for your assistance. I have found a copy of the Aug 2000 issue in which the long-Eze was a feature. Next question? It article suggests a 40 size motor which I have, however I am looking to use an electric motor instead. Is there a good conversation chart. I have looked at some but seems like the variety of choices makes it difficult to determine exactly what I might require. Thanks again to everyone. Best regards John F

Posted by John Flynn 3 on 15/05/2020 07:55:28:

Good morning to all. Thanks to everyone for your assistance. I have found a copy of the Aug 2000 issue in which the long-Eze was a feature. Next question? It article suggests a 40 size motor which I have, however I am looking to use an electric motor instead. Is there a good conversation chart. I have looked at some but seems like the variety of choices makes it difficult to determine exactly what I might require. Thanks again to everyone. Best regards John F

Telephone GEorge at 4 Max and he will give you the best possible advice for motors, ESCs and propellers.