I max B6. Charger

fly boy3

Due to Covid I have not flown yet. So I thought I would check state of lipos. When putting them on charge I get a warning "connection break" This warning is on all six lipos I checked. Is my charger caput. Thanks ps there seems to be no mention of this warning in hand book.

Advert

If it is on 6 different batteries the issue is almost certainly in the connections between the balance board and the charger.

Check that the both the main power leads and balance "ribbon" cable are securely located into the charger (remove and reinsert), then try again. You could also try just inserting the balance cable and seeing if your individual cell voltages are displayed on the charger (most chargers will show you this without initiating a charge cycle). If both these tests fail then you will need to try another balance board.

Edited By MattyB on 30/07/2020 13:16:11

Just a heads up.

My mains B6AC went through a period of displaying "connection break" regardless of what was connected after a faulty connection on a battery was correctly diagnosed. Even after curing the fault it continued to display "connection break". However the same leads and battery worked fine on my other non mains B6 so I assumed it was an internal fault on the charger.

However after an over night switch off and mains disconnect it started working normally and still is.

It was almost as if it got 'stuck' in an error state and it took some time to discharge and reset.

Thanks for replies folks, I think I had a similar problem to Simon. After nearly an hour of trying out many combinations of leads lipos, nmhs etc the message dissapeared itself. Tried again for another thirty mins. but so could not get the message to show. All lipos sorted ok. Cheers