Servos

Advert

Any decent make equivalent but dont be tempted by offers on the www unless from a recognised shop/dealer . Too many dangerous fakes around . It is listed as a "DIGITAL" servo and as the glider is a intro glider then high powered digital servos are probably not required . Any decent analogue servo will be adequate and use far less power .

If this is the correct model

https://www.hyperflight.co.uk/products.asp?code=INTRODUCTION-F5J&name=introduction-f5j-2-9m

Hyperflight list a number of alternative servos.

Alternatively give Steve Webb Models a call, they should be able to advise.

https://www.servoshop.co.uk/index.php?area=servo&type=MICRO&title=9+to+16+gram+Servos

Edited By Shaun Walsh on 17/09/2020 11:07:18

Posted by Engine Doctor on 17/09/2020 10:39:49:

Any decent make equivalent but dont be tempted by offers on the www unless from a recognised shop/dealer . Too many dangerous fakes around . It is listed as a "DIGITAL" servo and as the glider is a intro glider then high powered digital servos are probably not required . Any decent analogue servo will be adequate and use far less power .

I would definitely want digitals on the flaps of this model for the holding power - they could be quite highly loaded. Also it's somewhat of a fallacy to say that all digitals are hungry; you can get some very current happy analogues servos too, particularly at the small sizes. If you put some servos on the test stand it's generally the speed that is the determining factor - the quicker they are the higher current they will tend to draw.

Posted by James Humphreys 1 on 17/09/2020 10:29:24:

OK I'm building a hollein introduction glider which suggests the graupner Des 427Bb servo any suggestions for alternatives, thanks.

If it has to be 9mm servo then you are going to struggle for affordable alternatives to MKS, KST etc, which are good but spendy. The only one I know of is the Blue Bird BMS-125 which appears to ape the MKS 6100. I've no doubt it will be good though, otherwise Neil would not sell it. If you can go up to 11mm there are lots of more affordable (analogue and digital) alternatives from Hitec (65 and 55), Emax (ES08), Corona etc. 

Edited By MattyB on 18/09/2020 03:45:06