GWS receivers

Advert

From my own personal experiences only...........

Using micro/mini in the garden has been fine

Using micro/min indoors has been fine - not many others about though

Using micro./mini in parkfliers was OK'ish - bit worse than, say, Jeti

Using mcro/mini in anything else - no good

Using full size was OK - no worse or better than other cheap full range sets.

I don't use any now though - all 10 of my servicable machines use higher quality; I'm gradually switching to 2.4

GG

I've owned two GWS RX's and they've both been fine.

The little feather type unit worked fine in a park flyer and the larger 8-channel unit on a small electric model. I'm mainly 2.4GHz now so I wouldn't use them in new 'hangar-queen' models but they still see service in foamie models that I won't cry over should they die.....well I probably would but you know what I mean. 

I had the 8 channel one in a Twinstar - until the output stage burned out in flight and hey presto - no receiver and no Twinstar. I don't use them any more. The Jeti ones are good though. If you need four channels, or fly gliders, the HiTec teeny tiny Hitec HFS 05MS 5 channel (channels 1-4 plus 6) are excellent full range receivers that are as cheap as chips and take a standard size crystals, £15.50 from Steve Webb. My Sonata was a dot in the sky and still had full control.

Andy.

The slim 8 channels are fine, no issues at all with them.

The small 6 channel park fliers are OK if you fit a standard length reciever arial. The 4 channel version I would not bother with.

The Hitec HFS 05MS 5 channel is great too.

Having said that, I have not really had any issues with any of my gear so maybe it is down to installation. Get a copy of the RM Propo book if you can find it, worth every penny.