Need to adapt this part

Gary Murphy 1

I am building a modified RC monster truck in my spare time. I have to use parts made for other models which I can adapt or luckily fit!

The part this is about is a sway bar arm. All the accompanying parts will work a treat apart from the arm. Its too long. If the 3 holes had another hole inboard making 4 so I could remove the 3 holes it would be perfect , 25mm to 38mm too long.dscn1235.jpg

Now here is the problem,did not see this side of the part when I bought it.

dscn1237.jpg

The part is beyond my skill level to make , The hole to the right on the picture needs to be drilled upright because a rod passes through this and into another arm. This hole also has a thread hole for a grub screw to lock the rod.

Any ideas on how to fill the void? not sure it will be possible,as soon as the length is cut the wall will be lost at the end.

Thanks for the ideas.

I can see the Epoxy sheet and metal collet being the easiest, wont look as good.

Would like to keep the metal. The low temp brazing rod method will prob look the best when reshaped. Is this just a case of welting into the voids with mini gas torch or soldering iron? Will the heat effect the ally,its very light and from china?

Plus for JB weld ,use the appropriate one thoroughly clean the recess with alcohol when hardened drill out the hole oversize to take a section of brass rude with the right internal size for the fixing bond tube in place clean and good to go . The reason I suggest brass tube is to give a bearing surface