Multiple Photos

Tosh McCaber

I want to post a few photos-maybe up to five. But I don't want them to be the usual large images that appear- I don't want to hog too much page space in the thread! Can I reduce the original resolution, so that the images on the page could be smaller, and not take up too much space. If so, what resolution would you advise?

Thx.

I believe the forum software will resize your pics to fit the page width, Tosh, whatever size or resolution you make them, so we might just have to put up with your pics filling the post....teeth 2

A few years ago, the problem used to be that we had to reduce every pic to fit the page before uploading them - the auto-sizing was a real advance and I'm not sure the techies wouldn't appreciate being asked to unroll thatwink 2

Pete

You can probably do it with MS Publisher. I've produced A4 prints with several photographs on in the past so if you uploaded the file that might work but I think it will need to be a Jpeg format.

However, why bother? I've never found posts with several images to be at all distracting if you space them from the text.

Geoff

You can set the displayed size of 'Album' photos by inserting them as usual (using the camera icon) then a right-click on the picture will bring up the picture properties where you can set the displayed size, the padlock fixes the aspect ratio so you only need enter one dimension, height or width.

If you want to set the size of externally hosted photos using the 'picture' icon (to the left of the camera icon), you get a similar screen with height & width boxes, again the padlock fixes the aspect ratio so you only need enter one dimension, height or width.

These for example are all the same photo, its not been resized or photo-edited or changed in any way. It doesnt even have to be your photo. Should a reader wish to see the full resolution photo, a right click on the photo and 'open in a new tab' will show it full size, though your browser may reduce it again to fit the screen.

phil_sharkface_600.jpg

phil_sharkface_600.jpg

phil_sharkface_600.jpg

phil_sharkface_600.jpg

Edited By Phil Green on 01/10/2020 14:42:30

Tosh, I used an old version of Paint Shop Pro recently to make a collage of several pictures in a this Phoenix thread that you started.

combo.jpg

I found it easy but I'm fairly well versed with PSP. However there are several free apps specifically for creating collages.
A quick google of "create collage" come up with this for example. I've no experience of it but it might suit what you want.

Edited By PatMc on 29/09/2020 00:14:22

PatMc,

Downloaded your suggestion of Collage Maker. Worked perfectly! Thx for that!

If you look, I've posted the photos of my little Eyelash in the last couple of days, if you look under Eyelash Leccy Conversion. Unfortunately, I should have added it to the bottom of "Forum Members Models- Lets See Them", as opposed to where I am- in "All Things Model Flying"!

But the forum does all that - theres no need for any external image-manipulation software!
This collage took just a few seconds using only the forum's inbuilt picture settings and has the advantage that each individual full res photo is only a click away - unlike the Eyelash collage where the resolution of each pic is a quarter of the overall res.  You can make it any size you like and even change the size after posting:

bike4.jpg bike5.jpg
bike3.jpg cub1.jpg

The 'work around' seems redundant to me when the forum developers have already provided this easy-to-use and effective facility...  

Cheers - Phil

staveley.jpgglyns_horizon_hs4e.jpg
img_4256.jpgstaveley.jpg

Edited By Phil Green on 01/10/2020 17:00:13