Looking for instruction/assembly manual for Cermark Pitts S2B

Paul james 8

Not sure if this is the correct forum, please advise if not.

Having recently bought an unstarted kit of this model I'm looking for a copy of the manual. I can work out most of it obviously but just in case there are any quirky bits....

If anyone has a copy I could borrow or they could scan to PDF it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul

Posted by john stones 1 on 10/10/2020 16:05:48:

Not got the manual Paul, but I recall no quirks with the model build, one of the best I ever had, cracking model.

Useful feedback John so thanks for that!

Did yours have servos for each aileron? I've seen photos of some that seem to have a conventional two servo set up with connecting rods to the top.

I usually look through the youtube videos of the various models I'm building and they all seemed to be flying well.

What was yours powered by? I've got options of Saito 125, Saito 180 or Laser 200 V twin.

No it was a pussy cat, had a decent glide engine off, used to fly the tank empty on last flight of the day, only ones I saw misbehave where the ones with big lumps in, they had a glide like a brick, mate has Moki 180 in his, that's fine. No idea of weight on your 180 or the Laser but if they're not great lumps they should be o.k.

Sounds like it should be fun! Got to finish off a nice Kyosho 50 Spitfire then on to the Pitts. I'd still like to find the build manual if possible so that I have the correct c of g etc. Last thing I want is for it to be tail heavy. I read somewhere that with a 120 up front it didn't need any additional weight to balance. That is always good as I hate adding lead, I'd rather put a bigger engine in.

Posted by cymaz on 11/10/2020 12:24:08:

There is a bit of chat here

All handy stuff but the comments on different versions makes me still very keen to try and find the instructions. Must be in touch with my female side as apparently real blokes never read instructions.

I'm having to sort a prime example of that on the current build of what was supposed to have been an unstarted kit; the previous owner glued the elevator hinges into the stab without fitting the bracing wire so I've had to dig all that apart.

• 7 months later...