Grammar, punctuation, spelling

Tim Kearsley

The point of most people’s forum posts is not to be tested in written English, but rather to share modelling ideas.

I find the idea of having self appointed English teachers a potential irritation.

Obviously some correction is welcome where a post does not make sense. Predictive text can easily let strange words through.

As the creator of this thread let me say that I did NOT infer that any particular individual is lazy in using poor grammar, punctuation etc. So you are wrong in saying that I did Steve. I said that it is my opinion that some people are - a quite different thing.

My reason for starting the thread, and my goodness I really wish that I hadn't bothered, was to see if others found poor grammar, spelling, etc irritating. What I should have realised was that it's impossible these days to say anything without someone finding it offensive.

So if you've been offended please accept my apologies. However, i won't accept that it is a "negative" thread - it was just an attempt to seek opinions.

Tim.

Lol, can I say lol. wink

One I've spotted myself Steve, express a contrary view and you get tagged as trying to shut a thread down ? Maybe coz that's someones opinion it must be true, and beyond contention.

Grammar ? I don't care that much myself, met and read many an individuals posts an comments, content is what interests me, not the grammar. Which is more important, the spelling or what's said ?

Thread don't seem too bad to me though, fun watching myself and those posting, getting things wrong themselves.

The thread developed in a very predictable fashion.

Perhaps I can reassure the genuine hobbyists among us that this forum is about model flying. Those who find themselves commenting on another writer's spelling, grammar or punctuation should stop, get away from the computer, do some building or go flying. Anyone who sees such behaviour should report the post.