Yet another glider identification

J D 8

sam_1776.jpg Had a good days flying with my Major Mannock at the club site yesterday.

A number of old models of mostly IC trainer types had been donated . However I brought two home. [ join the winter fix up?]

The Motor glider has a plastic fuzz and flying surfaces are balsa with built up wing and sheet tail. Span 70 inches. The old power system has been removed. Boy it's heavy, at 533 gram, more than a lb. surprise Performance with a brushless / lipo system should be good.. No idea what it is but motor is a Jamara unit.

The little prop jet of F15 / MIG type may be O/D or plan and is unfinish, pretty heavy so may be more of a missilelaugh or a dogGliders

Advert

Looks like an " Easy Pigeon " one of the first commercial electric ARTF's from back in the 90's I think . Might have been a J Perkins model model Link Good view at 3min 12 sec. They were supplied with a 500 brushed can motor and used 7 cell "C" cell nicads or NiMh packs and were heavy. but flew quite well as seen in the link.

The little prop jet looks like one of the Nigel Hawes free plans from the same era . Probably had a 400 brushed motor and a used the 500 Mah AR Nicads . Fit a brushless motor and lipo set up to both and have some fun. 

Edited By Engine Doctor on 30/11/2020 14:49:34

Thanks for the info ED, I am embarrassed did not recognised the Easy Pigeon. Only airframe fix needed is the badly damaged badly repaired section. Probably make a new one.

The jet has a bell type motor which I doubt would fly it's 400 ish gram very well. However have something in the cupboard that would give it some zing.

Could not find any details of F15 by Nigel Hawes but looks like his style.