Graphics printing via inkjet

Hi chaps,

Has anyone had any success printing graphics onto the self adhesive vinyl available for home printing?

I'm a little concerned about how well the ink will 'stick' to the glossy surface. Obviously I'll need to brush a clear coat over the top to fuel proof, but I'm also not too sure about UV fading.

If it's a no go, does anyone know of a reasonably priced service online? Basically a couple of small logos, so a single A4 sheet would cover it.

Advert

Posted by Matt Carlton on 20/12/2020 18:24:03:

Excellent, thankyou. Just what I was hoping.

Peter - is that the original size AD or an enlargement. Another on my to do list after the LS Special and Tequila Sunrise!

That's very smart Capt. Colours look a lot more vivid than I thought they might.

I am suitably inspired!

If you down load a design from Google and paste it onto a normal document you can enlarge it to suit the size you need.

I have been using the the inkjet printable sheets from GMCrafts - look for the "self adhesive" & "plastic film" sheet versions. After printing I give it a coat of clear lacquer to keep the ink waterproof.

On my TN Gnat I used white film for the roundels and warning triangles, and clear film for the numbers.

Dick

in flight close up.jpg