Tony B's replica

I don't know how or if the plastic you have used is affected by the paint thinners. The reason I say that is that some years ago I painted some Flair Vintage wheels with Solarlac silver. All was fine and model was mothballed over winter. Next spring the model was brought out and readied for a flying session . On the take off run one wheel shattered like an egg shell. The paint had de- natured the plastic causing the brittling effect . Your wheels look really good and wouldn't want all that work ruined. The replacement wheels I fitted were painted with Humrol and the less aggressive thinners didn't damage the wheels for years after.

It looks great. I asked about the tyres because I wondered how you can get a neat and secure join if you glue the ends together.

I am working on the 4 5/8”/115 mm wheel diameter and the DuBro vintage wheels I have are that size. Interestingly the 1/72 plastic model I have shows them slightly larger, scaling up translates to 120mm. All of the illustrations I can find seem to show the same diameter wheel with the cantilever undercarriage as with the standard, so I will stick with that.

As i will need a pilot to go in my Fury, i have been learning how to design and sculpt better facial features.

this is a low resolution print of my progress so far with the design.

doing the hair will be fun and then i need to look at the body and clothing.

It's all good fun, if sometimes frustrating at times,

at least i will only have to do it once, as i will be able to print off as many as i want from the one design.

Tony B

well i have not done much to the Fury of late, been too busy with work.

i have started covering the lower wing with tissue and will be adding silk to that later.

my pilot figure is coming on slowly.

this is the Mk2 head.

It was printed at 0.2mm layer height as i needed a quick print to see how it would turn out, the final version will be printed at 0.1mm to get a smoother finish.

we plod on.

Tony B

• 2 weeks later...