Pick a Plane: the winning model!

Advert

Both the Beaufighter and Hornet featured strongly so as far as i am concerned they are on the TO DO list, thats for sure!

As for the winning model the Typhoon, I have posted in the gallery the one I designed and built last night.....!!! I jest LOL!!!!..... I built 18-years ago, around 72" for a 60 size motor. From what I remember it was a cracking flyer so now all I need to do dig the plan out from somewhere!!!!
As the model build progresses, Tom will post pictures and up-dates

Regards Tony

Has to be 60" then and has to have retracts...mechanical.... and for either electric or IC... As the prototype 63" Spit in the next issue was built as an IC I think I'll do this one electric with the IC option... I think a VAC formed cowl and canopy is in order too.

What I will do is make the canopy a bubble type but if you want to make the car door version the canopy could be cut and an extention piece put in. I did this on the Tyhoon I built some years ago and seemed to work well.

Daved/all
Apologies for slow reply (been flying jets with Paul Heckles but that's another story).

Model size? I would prefer pretty well dead on 60" because that is a usable size and I will be able to fit it in my hangar.

Power? I would prefer a 4st glow for sound (unless a noisy sound effects unit is to be fitted - if so what's the point of going electric anyway?)& realistic handling. I can't stretch my pocket to a petrol engine.

Free Plan? I had presumed this was to be a free plan as I suspect would many others. Having said that I wouldn't mind paying a few quid.

The project sounds great. Ic and electric possibilities - better still. Retracts (and flaps?). Four stroke. Pre formed kit fatastic. Can we get laser cut parts and materials kit? Paying a few quid for a plan will not be an issue.

Remember Tony there are quite a few of us who haven't got your very considerable skills but who would like to build such things. All your previous models have been show stoppers. Will the kit be flown at the Hop Farm? Is that a date?

Hope so - thanks - Peter
PS What about a Fairey Swordfish next time?

• 4 weeks later...