The first take off of a new model!!!

Advert

Some nice shots there!  Looking at the panic recovery pictures, there does not seem a huge amount of aileron movement..... the shots may, of course, have not captured full movement. Good to see it more stable in the final shot.

I am amazed by the amount of throw some of my club members have, which they then tame down with tons of expo. I can understand this on a 3D model, but it seems to be the case for all sorts.

Anyway, I digress! Once again, good shots, nice looking model and looks to be a good outcome.

GG

Edited by GrumpyGnome

I suspect that the very sharp tips contributed to tip stalling. I know that there was a lot of adjusting going on afterwards.

The model is from the old Sterling kit.

The camera is my Sony Alpha 7C running at 10 frames a second.  Sounds like a 50 calibre hammering away! The autofocus is amazing

14 hours ago, Allan Bennett said:

Sensitive ailerons or not, it looks like it was trying to take off before it had enough air speed.  How long was the flight between the first sequence and what looked like a good landing approach?

Hi Allan,

I was there, it was rather dramatic, to say the least. After the initial sequence of left knife edge/ right knife edge/ repeat, it 'arrived' upside down. From where we were, lots of bits scattered. It turns out these were rocker covers from the cowl and otherwise there was little damage. Us watchers were of course respectful. We didn't laugh at all...

To answer your question above; some minutes and some running repairs! I can tell because I can see the green and yellow electrical tape holding the cowl together in the landing shot!

As a good friend of mine once told me; it will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end.

Graham