Unfavourable exchange rates

Advert

In yesterdays newspaper, it was reported that the Chinese currency has increased in value by 7% against the dollar and that the pound has fallen by 27% against the dollar.

The good news is that many other far eastern currencies have seen falls against the dollar, so if the supplier is Singapore or Korea, things should not be to bad.

The really bad news is that the currency markets expect the pound to continue to fall against all major currencies for the foreseeable future. It would seem that the markets perceive excessive government borrowing and a weak economy.

Buy now whilst you can, that is what I have explained to my wife as the reason for needing a Futaba 2.4.

Erfolg

Hi Erfolg, I don't really understand economic matters, but I understand that we are being asked to spend/spend, so if every UK citizen bought a 2.4, then we would all be saved

A few years ago when the French wine industry was in peril, a french government minister asked every frenchman to drink a bottle of red a day for La France

ernie

Why can't we have a wine lake? are yes it is because it is bad for us, unless that is you are a member of parliament and you get it for free on your Junkets.

What is a junket? so i can have one.

The real danger is that, things become so expensive, that we have no money left for modelling and the last models shops close, one by one. Ahh I hear you cry, inflation is falling. I just do not notice, milk is still £1.6 per 4 pints, up fromm £0,99 a year ago and it is the same with everything. Yes you have guessed it I do the shopping.

Will us modellers get a tax benefit, or will they just go to the more deserving?

A pessimestic

Erfolg  

Sorry to spoil it for you guys, but living in Dubai has a real advantage now the pound is worthless.

I am over on a shopping trip, and it is so cheap for me to buy here, I have been to 3 model shops and brought a ton of models. kits and other stuff, and I can claim the vat back.

Ufortunatley I did not spend enough to stop my ex local model shop from closing at the end of the year.

all the best

Darryl

Hi all

I have noticed the dollar is getting a lot stronger as the H K prices are creeping up all the time I think the day of cheap imports my be coming to an end may be it will be the save the jobs in the long run who knows we mite just have to start making it in blighty again Har Har.

happy days Owen