Popham model air show 20, 21st August

Went today and had an enjoyable time. £5 entry on the gate is ridiculously cheap for what for many would be a whole day’s entertainment. Lots of trade stands, which meant I could buy a number of sundries needed and some cheap bits and bobs from the ‘car booters’. The flight line appeared quite relaxed with a diverse range  of models being flown. For modellers who like all aspects of the hobby there were an array of scale boats, model railway and military ground based displays (flipping big tanks trundelling around). Given the event is in it’s early years I reckon it was a pretty good do.  
Real Model Pilots had a 50% off their products for the show and 20% off for orders of pilots they didn’t have in stock.  I ordered one of their specific ones for FW 190’s for my latest build 😀

• Like 1

Yes, absolutely agree with all the above particularly with the representation of other hobbies, echoes of Sandown in fact,hope this show continues to grow.As for me I got some much needed fuel and balsa 👍

20220821_211711.thumb.jpg.bfd52f580c69bc945222f48d1fd5dba5.jpg

Now I can finish this!

Edited by jeff2wings
  • Like 1

Brilliant event. So much busier on the Saturday than last year and a really appreciative crowd on the flight line of the diverse RC aircraft demonstrated. My local show so I'll always do my best to participate. I got lots of flying in with my turbine foamy Avanti, 280mph Ultra Flash turbine sport jet and 14S EDF 1.9m Sebart Avanti sport jet so had a lot of fun. Thanks to BMFA Southern Area and Derrick on commentary. My little fan club even turned up to cheer me on...

299298896_620273509458264_302739346051893229_n.jpg

Edited by Dom (Essential RC)

I went with a modelling mate and we both enjoyed the show.  The flying was great with different models to that I saw at Wings and Wheels.  The trade show was bigger than I imagined and everything seemed well organised.  As we left I found out that it was only the second show, I was even more impressed.  We’ll certainly return next year.  

• Like 1