Cocklebarrow Farm Vintage Model Fly-In 2022.

When i lived in England I used to like to fly at the Cocklebarrow Farm vintage model fly-in on the Oxfordshire-Gloucestershire border. I had planned to cross to England on 17th-18th September, to spend a week with my partner Trish in Somerset then to go to Cocklebarrow for 25th. I had already booked bed and breakfast accommodation in Burford for the Saturday night. However, I spoke to my brother-in-law on the telephone yesterday and my sister, who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in October last year, seems to be in the final stages of the illness. He implied that if I want to see my sister while she's still alive, I will have to leave before 17th.

I will have to find somewhere for my dog to stay before I go, then decide whether to drive over or to fly but even if I drive over in the two-tonner, taking model aeroplanes with me does not seem appropriate somehow.

Some things are more important than aeromodelling.

Maybe next year.

Thank you for your kind replies gentlemen. I have decided to fly "home." It takes the stress out of a six hour drive to the port in the two tonner and another three hours on the road on the other side. I've arranged to put the dog in kennels until my friends return from their holidays in Portugal. They will look after her until I return, whenever that may be.

I'm going flying this afternoon. If the weather's calm enough I'll fly my BE2.

• Like 1