XR8 Channel missing!

barryt

Taranis X9D+ Tx with X8R Rx. All 8 channels used. Standard size analog servos.

During pre flight checks I noticed one of my flaps was not working. The Tx monitor showed movement with the flap switch.

All of the other channels were working properly.

Back home the flap servo tested perfectly with a servo tester, so I swapped out the Rx and all was well.

Any ideas what has happened here? Would it be worth reloading the Rx firmware or would it be an electronic component failure?

Advert

Assuming it's channel 8 that's dead & that you're using the BEC of an ESC, try plugging the ESC into the duff channel (Remove the prop from the motor 1st). If the other channels are dead then it'll be +ve or -ve open cct, which may just be a dry joint on the PC board to socket pin. If channel 8 remains dead but the others work it could still be a dry joint but on the signal pin OTOH could be dry joint between signal pin & chip or a duff chip.

I've never opened up an XR8 so don't know how easy the latter possibility would be to re-solder.     

Before you get too carried away, it might be worth checking that it really is the receiver at fault and not a transmitter mis-configuration. Have you got another receiver you can temporarily bind to the same model memory to check?

Something similar happened to me a while ago when I had been messing around with settings, and accidentally changed something I didn't intend to!

--

Pete

Thanks for the feedback.

I opened the Rx and had a look with a magnifying glass. It looks like there are resistor / capacitor networks in between the microprocessor and each signal pin but the components are so small I cannot get my multimeter leads on anything let alone affect any kind of repair.

I'll install this Rx into a cheap foamy (which only needs 4 or 5 channels) and see if it deteriorates further.