Two questons in one thread - opionions please

MikeQ

Hi

I've a couple of models that I've had hanging in the rafters for years.  Ones an ARF, ones a TopFlite Corsair Gold Edition.

Any opinions on whether either of these would be suitable for conversion to PPS models.

I know the Yak isn't strictly in the ball park for PSS but thought I'd ask anyway ... just as a general knock about semi aerobatic scalish model.

John Woodfields Youtube got me thinknig about it as I saw something similar.

Will never finish as a power model and can't give it away. (I'd take the UC off 😆)

The TF Corsair is a model I started 20yrs+ ago and will never finish as a power model with retracts, tail retract, gear doors etc etc.

I'd be looking at a bigger model these days if I was going to put that level of effort in.

I've kit bashed it into a cartoon scale reasonable representation of an F2G looky like which is what it might look in the photp of someone elses model I found on tinternet.

Good or bad ideas?

Cheers

Mike

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0630.JPG

BA1B8CB6-6F09-4CAF-88AC-E2EE520F9577.PNG

7A6B4AAD-64E5-4DE1-A419-2DE101561553.JPG

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 19:23, MikeQ said:

John Woodfields Youtube got me thinknig about it as I saw something similar.

I’ve seen that video, and mentally filed it under the “well that proves you could fly a brick with 6 inch wings at that site” category! I really like his videos and he is an amazingly creative builder, but most of us aren’t lucky enough to have a site like that, so your models need to have more I are soaring performance. Your Yak sadly doesn’t really fit that bill!

19 hours ago, GrumpyGnome said:

You could give it to me, to replace my broken one......

You can have it ... if you are anywhere near Sunderland 😀

10 hours ago, MattyB said:

I’ve seen that video, and mentally filed it under the “well that proves you could fly a brick with 6 inch wings at that site” category! I really like his videos and he is an amazingly creative builder, but most of us aren’t lucky enough to have a site like that, so your models need to have more I are soaring performance. Your Yak sadly doesn’t really fit that bill!

Yep, fools errand most likely.

cheers

mike

• Like 1