Aircraft sectioned views)drawings

Rich Griff

For some considerable time now I have been researching ( so has a good friend who has proper internet ) for sectional views etc. for a pss project of local significance, a model sloper of a Jindivic, a RC target drone operated from Llanbedr airfield with a radio relay station overlooking Hell's mouth, a fantastic sloping site and featured on here ( and in rcme mag ).

A Jindivic was a gate guardian at Llanbedr but long since gone. I have seen a Jindivic in a compound at Farnborough, very close to a main road.

I have the book about Llanbedr operation but it doesn't show any sectional or plan/side/end elevation views of the Jindivic.

Might someone know of a good internet site that has sectional 3d views etc. of aircraft please as rich my mate and myself have drawn a complete blank.

Thanks in advance, rich ( me ).

Advert

Thanks guys, I must book a library slot to get all this info printed off and go from there.

Didn't think of the "Jane's" books, rich didn't mention them. He has a large collection of "Profile" mags but the jindy is not listed i think.

I knew about the plastic model, time to get that kit I think as well as a transit luton, crane and some scale figures for launch/ground crew, and that mobile dome control tower.

Please santa ...

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

One of the most amazing experiences I've had, was when working at the Royal Aircraft Establishment (RAE) Farnborough.  In 1990 we were doing some trials work up at RAE West Freugh in Scotland and flew up each Monday in one of the RAE's Piper Navaho Chieftains.

This particular day, we had to drop off some passengers at RAE Llanbedr, en route.  As we neared the airfield they advised us that a Jindivik was returning and would we hold.  This gave us a grandstand view of return and landing.  The stuff of which memories are made! 😊

• Like 1

Yes, skid landing with sparks, quite a spectacle at dusk.

Several crashed, one touching the dunes at South end of main runway, crashed outside airfield limit with battery hitting a parked car with occupants inside. A foot closer to passenger compartment would have killed the passenger.

They got out of car looking for the pilot. Heard radio report so rushed to site, wreckage still smoking when I arrived. Servo on ground looked like a massive one of our type.

Jindies "shot down" by Irish cab company. Regularly saw wreckage washed up on local beaches.

I used to fly from beach at North end of airfield. They usually didn't fly at weekends but on one occasion airfield security "grounded" me as a special opp was taking place, saw/watched take off flying over beach, wonderfully. That mission was successfully as jindy returned ok.

They had very many jindies new in boxes.

The book "Target rolling" is very interesting featuring jindies, fireflies and meteors RC, Canberra, hawk, alpha jet ( with pilots ashtray ) and a Devon.

Saw Canadian air force 707 doing touch and goes.

Saw very low level buccaneers approaching over sea from the south below radar, a simulated air attack on the airfield.

Lots of cars and gliders on the hanger apron last Sunday.

Not found a supplier of a jindy kit yet, there is a 1:48 scale but out of stock.

Still researching but no success of sectional views yet.

• Like 1