scams /

Frank Day

Anyone else posted in Wanted and had scam messages from some who seems to registered or they might just  be a crazy that has access.

Message arrive suggesting a third party may have one via a external email, image arrived of similar but not correct item. I did report to site owner/publisher but they still come.

This is the contact message From Wexplorew

Hi Frank Day,
wexplorew has sent you a message!

Was for a Morgan mills battery tray but received image harvested on-line of some piece of cr@p

Advert

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Please don't fall for this one I nearly did.

Text message read along the lines:

Scammer: Dad my phone broke tonight so use this number until I get it fixed.

Save the number under my name.

Me: OK I will tell mum.

Scammer: I am going now to get it repaired.

Me: OK

Scammer: The repair man cant fix it so I have purchased a new phone from a friend.

Scammer: Can you do me a favour as don't have my mobile banking on my new phone.

Scammer: Can you transfer £840 to the person I purchased the phone from. Her bank details are ......

It was at this point I noticed my daughters phone was on line so realised this was a simple scam that nearly worked.

Try ringing or texting first. I would alsi think tone of message would ring bells. My latest, clicked on news item then message saying in laptoo saying Microsoft Defender detected trojan and had locked mymachine. Was given number to ring. Purported to be from Microsoft. Yeah right. Disconnected battery waited 5 mins  reconnected turned on then wioed last 15 mins of browsing. Vola laptop back. 

News item: Greta Thornberg!!