Horizon Draco & GPS

Advert

https://www.spektrumrc.com/product/gps-module/SPMA3173.html

Looking at the page, Spektrum only recommends it with certain model aircraft. Speaking as a non Spektrum user, these planes must use specific  receivers. You could contact a shop and ask what receivers are in the models.

https://www.nexusmodels.co.uk/spektrum-gps-module-carbon-cub-s2-sportsman-spma3173.html

Edited by cymaz

Yes, add  a GPS, even though I will be an Intermediate flyer I still would like some backup, having a fence and panic button would make the $600 project a little less stressful, I am learning to fly on a cub less expensive, plz again I am new to the forum, don’t send me away crying, thanks for the inputs 

Hi Propwash, this will do exactly what you want:

ZOHD Kopilot Autopilot System Flight Controller with GPS Module [ZOH1000-002] Motion RC Europe

Click on the Support tab on the Motion RC page to find the manual. The manual takes a bit of reading/understanding, but all you need is there. If the steps are followed correctly, it's relatively simple to set up and works well.

Kolpilot is a flight controller only, so it works in conjunction with your receiver. Using a 3 postition switch you can have, (a) totally manual flying with no interference from the flight controller, (b) stabilised flight or (c) return to home.

However, as the Kopilot takes care of all aspects of the flight in (b) & (c) above you need to disable the SAFE and AS3X capabilities of the AR637T receiver, otherwise you will have two systems competing which will not have a good outcome.

I'm not a Spektrum user so you'll have to find out from other forumites how SAFE and AS3X can be disabled.

The Kopilot FC only controls channels 1-4 for ailerons, elevator, throttle and rudder, and channel 5 for mode select. Other channels, used for auxiliary things like flaps and lighting, are controlled direct from the receiver.

GDB

2 hours ago, Propwash67 said:

Yes, add  a GPS, even though I will be an Intermediate flyer I still would like some backup, having a fence and panic button would make the $600 project a little less stressful, I am learning to fly on a cub less expensive, plz again I am new to the forum, don’t send me away crying, thanks for the inputs 

Don't think that they are compatible. If you want features like geofencing and autoland I think you would need the receiver and fight controller (2 separate items) supplied for the Carbon Cub S+ together with the gps module and even then I'm not sure if it would work correctly in a different airframe, 

Edited by Shaun Walsh

48 minutes ago, Caveman said:

Hi Propwash, this will do exactly what you want:

ZOHD Kopilot Autopilot System Flight Controller with GPS Module [ZOH1000-002] Motion RC Europe

Click on the Support tab on the Motion RC page to find the manual. The manual takes a bit of reading/understanding, but all you need is there. If the steps are followed correctly, it's relatively simple to set up and works well.

Kolpilot is a flight controller only, so it works in conjunction with your receiver. Using a 3 postition switch you can have, (a) totally manual flying with no interference from the flight controller, (b) stabilised flight or (c) return to home.

However, as the Kopilot takes care of all aspects of the flight in (b) & (c) above you need to disable the SAFE and AS3X capabilities of the AR637T receiver, otherwise you will have two systems competing which will not have a good outcome.

I'm not a Spektrum user so you'll have to find out from other forumites how SAFE and AS3X can be disabled.

The Kopilot FC only controls channels 1-4 for ailerons, elevator, throttle and rudder, and channel 5 for mode select. Other channels, used for auxiliary things like flaps and lighting, are controlled direct from the receiver.

GDB

The Kopilot would probably work. SAFE and AS3X are easily disabled, simply power up the transmitter and receiver, open the Forward Programming menu on the transmitter, and choose reset to factory settings, it should then act as a normal unstabilised receiver.