Turning plush-32 40amp esc won't program

It won't go into programming mode.. I power up with the throttle high, as per the instructions, and get 2 short beeps then nothing. If I then go to low throttle I get 2 beeps then 2 quick short beeps and the esc arms. This seems like calibration mode. How do I get it into programming mode?

Advert

That's it Phil, you have the throttle set after the finishing 2 beeps.

To go onto the Brake, start again

But this time to have the throttle stick in the middle.

So all off, tranny and ESC

Switch on Tx with throttle stick in the middle

Power up the ESC and decide on brake etc

Edited by Denis Watkins

Thanks Denis, I can get into programming mode now using the middle throttle, but I just get single beeps repeated. It never moves on to 2 beeps etc. How do you select each option and what is the sequence? Nothing on line seems to match this behaviour.

Thanks also Piers and I have ordered a programming card.

Turningy Instructions are online too

• Setting (Brake ON/Brake OFF) by the controller
    Set the throttle stick at middle-> Power on ESC->A sequence beeps and then follow with single and repeat DD-TURNIGY Plush 32 Series ESC Programming Card - icon 2, means now it’s in controller brake setting procedure  -> move the throttle stick to Max throttle position (means Brake is ON), or move the throttle stick to Min throttle position (means Brake is OFF)->a sequence beeps means setting ok and followed 2 beeps TURNIGY Plush 32 Series ESC Programming Card - icon 1“means ESC is ready to go.
  • Normal start procedure:
    Power on the controller and set the throttle stick to the Min throttle position (if higher than1800us, it will get into throttle calibration).
    Connect ESC as connection diagram, power on ESC, ESC will automatically detect the battery cells and using beeps to indicate the cells number. For example, using a 4s  battery, beeps will be: “TURNIGY Plush 32 Series ESC Programming Card - icon 3“. Then 2 beeps “TURNIGY Plush 32 Series ESC Programming Card - icon 1means ESC is ready.

• Read more: https://manuals.plus/turnigy/plush-32-series-esc-programming-card-manual#ixzz7qfhZaiKH

The original Plush and current Plush 32 ESCs have different programming cards. This is because they have different internal architecture (and quite possibly come from different factories).

The original type was the same as many (not all) Hobbywing ESCs and can use the Hobbywing card (and vice-versa).

The following links show the two different Turnigy cards, and the Hobbywing one:

Original Plush card https://www.rapidrcmodels.com/turnigy-besc-programming-card-246-p.asp

Plush 32 card

https://www.rapidrcmodels.com/turnigy-plush-32-series-esc-programming-card-12533-p.asp

Hobbywing card

https://www.rapidrcmodels.com/program-card-for-hobby-wing-series-escs-4067-p.asp

I looked into this a year or two ago.

Brian.

• Like 1

I have ordered the new style card from hobbyking so it will be interesting to check.

Annoyingly the new overlander 40 amp esc with a governor mode does not fit in the front space of the trex450 which is where the Plush-32 fits as it is 2mm wider. Looks like I will press on with the Plush-32 and no governor.

Looking at the instructions for the Plush-32 series, it does seem to say that the only parameter that is programmable from the tx is the brake on/off as you suggest.

All other parameters require the programming card to alter them.

This does seem a backward step, although it will prevent inadvertent changes being made.

Brian.