Open Weekend, Don Valley MFC. 26-27th August Bentley Moor Lane, Carcroft, Doncaster, S Yorks, DN2 7BD.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, that's the last time I believe a weather forecast from John (Michael Fish) Stones, who claimed that Sunday would be the best day of the weekend. It started out ok, a bit overcast and breezy with the occasional sunny patch and was looking good but, around 1pm, you could see the storm clouds all around and the rain soon started. Not heavy and not too long but it remained very windy for the rest of the afternoon. Of course, all we heard all day was how good the weather had been on Saturday...

Still, as always, it was a good day out with the usual friendly welcome from the Don Valley crowd. I managed to maiden the Arrows Hobby L-39 which flew well but seeing Paul Marsh's example made me realise that I need to invest in some 4s packs as mine on 3s was quickly running out of steam in the climb.

This was the scene early on with Paul just landing his Pilatus PC-9.

PXL_20230827_091230693.jpg

Edited by Nick Cripps
updated
  • Like 3