Irresponsible Drone Flyers...

GrumpyGnome

5 minutes ago, Lima Hotel Foxtrot said:

I love the way that on this forum an attempt to make a point about the type of overreacting in threads that are ALWAYS about multirotors (yes, I know the comment was clearly tongue-in-cheek; I'm not stupid) promptly results in more overreacting, and directed abuse.

What amounts to "overreacting" and "abuse" is just your opinion, which is no more valid than anyone else's.  My opinion of overreacting is jumping on a comment which is so utterly obvious to anyone as harmless, jokey banter.

4 minutes ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

Solly, my comments are purely in relation to postings made on a public forum. We have to bear in mind that people of a sensitive nature can access the forum and when you post, it’s not to a closed group of like minded friends. 

OK, I'll duck out of this now,  it's beyond a joke. 

10 minutes ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

Solly, my comments are purely in relation to postings made on a public forum. We have to bear in mind that people of a sensitive nature can access the forum and when you post, it’s not to a closed group of like minded friends. 

Martin, I completely agree with your sentiments. And I can assure you that I'm aware that the forum is available to everyone. My problem is that people of a sensitive nature, as you diplomatically put it, can make comments promoting their own point of view, but as soon as anyone has the temerity to disagree, the rather unpleasant replies start. A previous correspondent  asked me to remember the 1930's! For heaven's sake. Another stated that I was commenting from the safety of my keyboard! And all this vitreol stems from the light hearted comment (not even made by me!) that a drone flyer better not interfere with a sporting event. The mind boggles.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Solly said:

Martin, I completely agree with your sentiments. And I can assure you that I'm aware that the forum is available to everyone. My problem is that people of a sensitive nature, as you diplomatically put it, can make comments promoting their own point of view, but as soon as anyone has the temerity to disagree, the rather unpleasant replies start. A previous correspondent  asked me to remember the 1930's! For heaven's sake. Another stated that I was commenting from the safety of my keyboard! And all this vitreol stems from the light hearted comment (not even made by me!) that a drone flyer better not interfere with a sporting event. The mind boggles.

I agree with all of the above, but I think I should be making clear that it was not the opinion that illegal and irresponsible flying (by anyone of anything anywhere!) be punished that I disagreed with, but the unthinking and irresponsible comment of "otherwise I will hunt him down, and perform surgery with one of his rotors" that I wished to draw attention to.

None of this began about anyone being overly sensitive, until some members decided to make it about that and tried to justify their own attitudes towards, well, the entire modern world. I've been called a snowflake on this forum more than once, but maybe those people casually tossing around words to protect themselves from having to consider other peoples opinions need to take a good, long look at themselves and ask "who is the snowflake? Am I the snowflake?"

I don’t think there’s anything more to say about this so and it seems pointless to keep the thread open now that we’re all aware that an illegal act has been highlighted in the public domain. The thread topic is one that always seems to wander off topic fairly quickly. 

I’ve closed it but if anyone wants to make any important point relating to the OP, PM me or another mod. 

• Like 1